1. He smells like the first day of winter and my bones are sick of rattling in the cold.
2. Sometimes he sits so still, and I can’t understand it because I haven’t stopped moving since I learned how.
3. He’s so soft spoken that when he speaks every fiber in my being quiets, and all I’ve ever known is noise.
4. He does everything slow paced and patient and I’ve been hurtling towards the finish line since my day of birth.
5. Because when I traced his collar bones he shivered, and said he could feel my cold.
Charlotte Geier (5 Reasons (Excuses) Why I Can’t Ever Love Him)